Recipe Wednesday Shredded Pork
Shredded Pork over Caramelized Mashed Plantains (serves 4-6)
For the crockpot:
– 1-2 lb. pork loin
– 1 yellow onion, sliced
– 2 cups beef broth (no sugar added) – add 3 cups if you go with a 2 lb pork loin
– 1 tablespoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– salt and pepper, to taste
For the plantain mash:
– 4 brown plantains, peeled, sliced in half lengthwise
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– pinch of salt
– 3-4 tablespoons canned coconut milk
– Add all your pork ingredients to a crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
– Once your pork is done cooking, use two forks and shed it to pieces.
– Now place a large skillet under medium heat, add your coconut oil and once your pan is nice and hot, add your sliced plantains into the oil.
– Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.
– Cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
– Add your plantains to your food processor and puree. While the food processor is still running, pour in coconut milk until you get a smooth plantain puree.
– Add a dollop of plantain mash to your plate, top with pork, and add a little avocado.